18 November 2009

Scor-Pal Wednesday - Embellishing

Hi, and welcome to Scor-Pal Wednesday!

Today it's kind of all-in day. Embellishing and other ways to use the Scor-Pal. Okay?

You saw this card yesterday, but today I wanted to point out the embossed frame inside there.

See it? I put the scallop shape on the Scor-Pal, lined it up and just eye-balled the lines. Worked well!

I also put the back shape on the Scor-Pal and scored the crease line there for the flap. Nice.

Oh, and here's the back of the envelope I said I'd post.

Decorating them with a bit of something really makes a difference. Rounded corners, ribbon, deco scissors or a border like this.

Angie showed me how to make these baubles last year. You can check out her video here.

Mine above is a circle one, they're very easy. And the Scor-Pal makes all those folds very quick!

Sorry about the photo on this one. I'm referring to the criss-cross design on the cone for this card.

See it?

Barely! (Sorry about that)

If you look here you can see the lines from the inside. You might see a pencil line in there too that I forgot to rub out. I was trying to work out the direction of the lines...

I put the cone on an angle on the Scor-Pal and scored a cm apart across the cone. Turned it and did the lines again. I left a margin around the cone to keep it neat.

This is a simple one. Glitter lines.

Decide where you want your line of glitter. Put your card on the Scor-Pal and line that spot up with a groove on the board. Score a few times to get a good indentation. Run your glue pen down that line and shake some glitter in there.

Easy!


There's a line of Crystal glitter on each side of the snowmen on this one. The score lines really make it easy to do.


Yep, another glitter line on Monday's card. Really, it's so quick to do. Try it!

And here's another idea for you! I made these pinatas for a family do and was finishing them off on Friday night. All of a sudden I realised I could make their accordian legs using the Scor-Pal. Now, this was fab because it barely took any time at all!

I know, they're weird pinatas. I had everything ready to go and discovered I had no balloons in the house. I always have a few balloons! Anyway, I ended up using shopping bags with freezer bags inside. They made for some very weird looking chicks, but they did the job!

Hello, chicken legs...

Well, that's it for today. Hope you enjoyed those few ideas and that they sparked a few of your own.

That's the thing with tools. All you can do is find other ways to use them.

See you tomorrow!

:o)

PS. Click here to purchase your Scor-Pal with a 15% discount. Please write SCOR15 in the comments section of your order to claim your discount.

PPS. If the above link doesn't work, try www.bluebazaar.com.au, shop online, then it's under November NEW 7 on the left.

PPS. Read Monday's post (Nov 16) for more information. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!