10 August 2009

Cupcakes

Hello, and welcome to a new week. Feeling a little sad that winter is coming to an end. I like the cooler weather.

Today is cupcake day on the old blog. Cupcakes are good. Cupcakes are fun. Cupcakes top the "must make" list.

This is one version I made.

Supplies are:
Nestabilities Ovals and Scalloped Ovals
Ric Rac Scalloped Border (I pierced the design)
A small heart brad from Spotlight
Red button from my bag of buttons from Spotlight

The card base is Bazzill Bling Sugar Daddy. The photo doesn't show the shine at all, which is disappointing. And the other browns are Nutmeg and Swirlpool Geneva embossed cardstock.

Also cut a rectangle then trimmed to make the angle. That colour is either Glow or Harvest, either is good.

I ran the embossed cardstock through the Cuttlebug to make an embossed scalloped oval. That got glued to the regular oval with some of it overhanging the top, which got trimmed. The whole thing was adhered with foam tape. Wish you could see the bling background. It's so much better in real life.

As you can see too, the embossed cardstock is quite subtle. And that pierced swirl really is pretty.

**Whoa, just a side note. Have you ever just been typing away and accidently pressed some keys on the keyboard, and found yourself in a completely different window, and you don't know what you pressed to get there? I did just now! I think I was trying to do the shift key and a letter and got to a print preview page of this blog entry. Weird. I printed the page to get out of it and it worked. And then I deleted the print job. Funny thing is, the same thing happened when I was in Word before too, and now by buttons have swapped positions at the top. Don't know what I did, or how to fix. No probs, it's staying the way it is. :o)








Back to our regular programming...

Do you like the subtle look, or the Cuttlebug look? Here's another version using the Divine Swirl embossing folder. Sorry for the photo, not great, but I took it from this angle to show the embossing particularly. You can see the shine on the card base, but it's not that colour in real life.




To be subtle, or not subtle? That is the question...

And then you could throw this Fiskars texture plate into the mix and totally confuse the situation. Or not. Let's not get too dramatic, it's just crafting afterall. Remember the texture plates? Remember I bought the set for the swirly one? Hmm, would look nice too.

:o)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, Love the swirly bit on the bottom, that looks great. And with the Cuttlebug, not by hand. Thanks easy. Well, looks easy. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    The swirly bit is paper pierced by hand - I pricked each hole, but the template makes it easy. Is that what you are talking about? You run it through the Cuttlebug to cut and emboss, but prick the holes individually.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, didn't quite read that right, did I. So you still pricked each hole, it looks really pretty, I like it, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, still prick each hole. Have done a little tutorial so you can see. It's published under today's date too. :o) Glad you like, it is pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!