10 August 2009

Just a little info...

Hi there again,

Just wanted to add a little more info about the Piercerabilities and how to use them. Mine is called Ric Rac Scalloped Border. They can be used in three ways - cut, emboss and pierce. Do just one, or all three, it's up to you.

Here's what the template looks like. It's just sitting on top of a piece of card here ready to be used. The little ridge along the scallop at the bottom is the cutting line.




Here's what the cut looks like. Photo is a little blurry, sorry about that.



And here's what it looks like when you emboss after that. Remember you can skip the cutting part and just do this embossing bit if you like.




And here's what it looks like when you start piercing the holes. Because the sample is embossed at this point, the template sits nicely on the embossing so the holes can be pierced without the template moving. On the other cupcake cards I showed today I just used the piercing part and it was a little trickier to hold the template still while pricking. Worked okay though, just had to hold it down on the slippery bling card.

I like the pattern of the swirly bits when they're pierced - that's my favourite thing to do out of the three options. I find the template a bit tricky to use - I think it's because I use a Cuttlebug machine. There's instructions inside the Piercerabilities packet when you purchase it, which is really helpful. It gives you the sandwich for their own machine, as well as the Cuttlebug, Sizzix Big Shot (and other Sizzix versions) and Quickutz Revolution machines. I used their instructions, but had to change the sandwich to fit my own Cuttlebug. It took a little playing around, but I got it sorted.

Basically whenever I cut any of the Nestabilities on my machine I have to use the A plate, two B plates and 7 pieces of cardstock shim (not necessarily in that order of course). If I use the A plate and C plate to cut - it cuts, but it embosses it as well, and I don't want that a lot of the time.

Just have a little play around with your machine to see what works for you. And write your sandwich down otherwise you will get frust-er-rated! Not that I have any experience with that...
Hope all that info helps you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!