07 August 2009

Do you do this too?

Hi,

Some more pretty cards for the end of the week. Obviously they're all variations of the same type of card using Girl Friday paper from Cosmo Cricket.

I have a habit of doing a lot of different variations when making cards for myself. I think it comes from wanting things to be easy. As a teacher and designer, I can feel the pressure to be original all the time. So when making cards for myself I vary the same design a lot and enjoy the whole non-originality of it.

(Remind oneself of crafting philosophy again)

Yep, that's what it's about. And the results are fun, so vary away, I say.







Look closely and you can see glitter on the wings of the bee. Looks pretty. And the buttons are sewn on too. I don't do that all the time, but did this time for some reason.

I'm amazed at the designers out there, and what they come up with. Ledger paper for one. Coloured ledger paper for two. It's just so cool. Yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!