02 December 2011

A Scrap Quiz - What's your scrap history? Part 7

Okay, the move to divided scrapbook page protectors is here, yay. 

(I'm talking about my scrapping history - all the different types of scrapping I've done over the years and how it's led me to where I am now)

And where I am now is...

...scrapping standing up at my cabinet in the living room using divided page protectors.


Yay.


Double yay. 




The three above are using Becky Higgins' page protectors from Project Life.

They have the four journalling spots across the middle (she's got some additional types of page protectors now too).

I use the spots for journalling, photos and/or decorations.

All the other page protectors below are various ones.


Yearly soup night which we didn't get to have this year. Next year's a definite. We've done soup night for at least eight years (missed another year in there somewhere).

My brother's made a lot of soups...pizza soup was a favourite.


Last year he bought chili soup with a "this will clear your drain pipes" warning on it. The photo at bottom right is him feeding it to Jack who said he was game. To our surprise it didn't bother him too much...a bit, but not much.

Special photo up the top there with my grandma and Pete's three boys (my nephews). Rare shots those.


Andrew's grandma's 100th birthday celebration. What a momentous day. And I love that photo of her and him. A very special one.


Funny dog - he had some blue paint on his nose in the top left photo. Not sure where that came from.


As I mentioned before - I wanted to include more everyday shots in my album. Took this one of Andrew's work bag with all the lunch rejects, mainly fruit. Gotcha.


Family time at Mum and Dad's. That's Andrew playing with Casey and Joey is the baby up the top.


I love to include old photos in my album too.

Just random ones and I stick them in. I like having them all in there like one big happy photo family.

The page above has three different ones that I wanted to put in 1911 (my granny was five), 1957 (my mother was eight), 1983 (I was ten).









Sometimes I'll decorate a lot. Sometimes not. All depends on my time and motivation and will. I like that I can keep it simple or play around a bit...


...and do something like this.

8 1/2" x 11" page protector with nine divided spaces with October Afternoon's Seaside collection.

I love photos, but I love patterned paper too. This was pure fun. I made the decorative bits double sided and used some for journalling and some for just colour.

You can see above it's just included in the album as another page.

I did the same last year with some Christmas papers too.

Essentially I can have fun with the papers and then keep what I make. Can't do that with a card - they're made to give away.



So, that's what my albums look like now.

A big mix of stuff that I love and that I really want to get back to because it feels like I haven't touched a photo in ages.

PS. I use We R Memory Keepers three ring binder albums and I get them from here (Scrap Boutique). Red's my favourite. She has the page protectors too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!