16 November 2011

October 2011 - Craft show update - Part 1

Wow, it's taken me a bit of time to get to this. 

My brief for samples for the show was to make lots of hanging decorations using punches (trees, stars, bauble) and dies (ornaments, poinsettia etc) and to 'fizz everything'.

And 'fizz everything', I did! 

White fizz is white glitter that Photo Continental sells. It's really pretty and looked so sparkly on all the ornaments. 

Today I thought I'd show you my room during the making of all the stuff. 



There's the fizz there in the plastic bag - I dumped it in a container for ease of glittering later.


Punches I had to use to make the ornaments. I punched out eight of each, folded them in half and glued them at each fold to make 3D ornaments.

So fun.




Those trees were punched out of acetate and just covered with shard glitter.

The Joy is shard glitter too (I wrote Joy in glue and sprinkled the glitter on. I did cover the whole ball with white glitter first - I think...)


Onto the Sizzix dies here. Used felt in different colours for something different.



Once I made the glittery ornaments they needed to dry, so I hung them on my drawer knobs for that...


...like this.

Worked well. Didn't have to tie them on, just wrapped them around until they stayed. Easy to get on and off.



Ah, some of my favourites.

Basically they're the same idea - eight of the same shape folded in half and glued together - except this time they were glued on the rings that were on the desk above.

I did cut rings out of chipboard too - they needed them to carry the weight of the bits.

You can't see in the pics, but they're glittered - they're really pretty. Want to make another.

Be back soon with more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!