27 September 2011

Fairy Dust Glitter + Daily Junque part 2

Thought I'd show you some more of the Daily Junque flowers again today. Can't say it enough - I've had so much fun with these papers....

What I've loved is the cards have almost made themselves. Gotta love that. Collage background with room for a flower and done! Nice card. 

For this card below, I cut the paper, stuck it to a regular card base and then added just two things:

1. The glitter flower with Pralines & Cream glitter. 


2. A line of white (heat embossed) stamping. Can you see it?


It's there, just above the wing...


And here at the point of the arrow.

It's a border stamp from Making Memories Panorama stamp set.

I know, who knew?

It just worked.

I found the set at Photo Continental - again, treasure trove over there.

Don't you love that bicycle image up there? I do. Just love it.

I've used the Panorama stamps on another of these cards too. The journalling block with the swirly ends specifically. One swirly end is poking out from behind the flower. Looks nice.


Onto card number two.

For this card I added the paper to a regular A5 card base again and then added four things:

1. Glitter flower with Mixed Berries glitter (added Dimensional Magic to the button to make it glossy).

(The die is Tim's Tattered Florals)

2. Vintage Floral border at the bottom (Martha punch).

3. An extra piece of the blue and white stripe at the bottom. Kinda looks like a blue and white barber pole.

4. Another stamp. This one says 'Note to Self' and is from Basic Grey's 'To Do' Stamp set. Again, just worked.


I'm a believer in buy what you like and it'll work for you. Don't try to hard, just pick up stuff you like and it'll gel in the end. 

Yep, I'm a believer in that.


Pretty.

Love that Mixed Berries glitter - it's just perfect on these papers (pinky blue).



Onto project number three...

A box.

With a flower on it.

1.  You can learn how to make a box like this here. 12 x 12 for one piece and 11 3/4 x 11 3/4 for the other piece.

2.  The tag is from the paper collection - I just cut it off one of the sheets.

3.  The die I used for the flower is the Flower Framelits from Sizzix again. I love the Framelits dies.

4.  The glitter is Pralines & Cream.

5.  There's nothing in the box.

6.  Boxes are hard to take a picture of.

Hope you enjoyed the projects!

The timer's gone off, so that means it's time to iron. I know, from blogging to ironing - what a mix. Don't worry, I'm going to put the timer on (for an hour) for that too.

Bye now!

PS. Yes I'm serious.

PPS. Trying to keep myself on task (or tasks) today. And the timer is today's 'keep Debra on task' motivator of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!