15 December 2010

Thank you, Jennifer

A couple of weeks ago I was watching Jennifer McGuire make a gorgeous shaped card on a video and I was dying to know how she got the card base shape. I thought it would be a Sizzix die, but it turned out to be one of Tim Holtz's edger dies. It's called Brackets. Wow, was so fab and knew I had to get the die.  

Jennifer's card was vertical, but I made mine horizontal because it worked better with the flower I was making.

Don't you love the base shape? So cool. Thanks, Jennifer.


The background stamp is Hero Arts' Magical background Cling stamp. Love how this looks.

I embossed it with clear embossing powder. Background stamps have always been a favourite of mine, but I don't get to use them much.

The big flower is the big Daily punch from EK Success and they're run through the Marvy crimper again. The holly is the Blue Holly from Sullivans.


The sentiment is fittingly from a 2010 Hero Arts set called Holiday Cheer with white embossing powder this time.

Gotta say, I enjoyed doing a bit of stamping. I'm not much of a stamper, but I like a bit. Have to shake things up a bit to keep them interesting, hey?


Here's the Brackets edger again. I did two layers this time to see how I felt about it. I felt good, so I went with it.

Used a Sullivans flower this time - Blue Petal - and I believe that's the Yellow Holly. And a surprising addition to the cards this year - the Retro Kitchen embossing folder. Yep, it's a kitcheny set (of four), but it's on a Christmas card. I used the pattern because I wanted a busy one and this was kinda Christmassy to me. I put glitter in all the circles to make them sparkle too.

By the way, all the combo sets of embossing folders were on special for $20 at Photo Continental on Saturday. A very good deal.


And interestingly, this is one of the few Christmas cards I made this year with green on it. It seemed to be more of a red/cream and red/cream/yellow Christmas this year. It happens, I just go with it.

Hope you enjoyed the cards. Once again, thanks to Jennifer for her fab idea!

2 comments:

  1. Deb, you are one of a kind. You have a real special gift, everything you do just looks sweet as. There are big things coming your way... work at this standard the whole world needs to see :) Your cards always put a smile on my face. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sha, thanks for your lovely comments. I'm very touched...really. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!