16 December 2010

Holiday cheer

Hi there to you,

(Once again, no advancements in the saluation, oh well)

A few more cards to show you today. These are the red and cream ones I was talking about. A lot of red and cream happening on the craft table this year. With some white thrown in too.


This is the vertical option for the card base using the brackets die - nice, hey?

And as I tell my ladies in class - it's always nice to make Christmas cards that have the fold on the top of the design. Usually people put them on display and it's nice if they display in the way they were made. I saw one of my designs at a friend's house once and it was displayed sideways because I had made a vertical design with a horizontal fold. Get me? The point is, I had to turn my head sideways to see the card. Not good!

I'd also like to point out that the card above is not really a posting type card. I know that. It's a bit on the thick side with that big flower. Two reasons I still made the card? Sometimes we have cards we hand to people and two, because I wanted to.

My job is to inspire, not necessarily to be steeped in reality, okay? :o) Okay.


Close up of the non-posting card.


Another close-up of the card that would require you to make a box instead of an envelope.

And require you to pay probably the equivalent of three cups of coffee to post it.



This is a treat box. It's not meant to be posted, it's a definite hand to, so no apologising for the big flower here.

Behold the flower! I am large and I'm liking it!

I am also holding down the doily lace strip that can actually be taken off to get into the treats in the box this time.

Oh yes, since I'm obviously doing the talking right now, I'm just letting you know that I'm sprayed with a very generous amount of Red Velvet Glimmer Mist. I was a little plain before and I needed jazzing up, so Debra put me in that box thing she has and sprayed away. I think she was a little concerned she'd sprayed too much, but she was pleased in the end, and so was I.

Both Debra and I think that tone on tone spraying is the way to go. You know, cream on cream, red on red, pink on pink. We're tone on tone people, for sure.





Okay, it's Debra again.

Sorry, I don't know how I go down these roads of whatever, but I just write what comes into my head. I've spent my life editing my speech and I'm a bit done with it. I'm just on here to write, so I write.

Above are two more red and cream cards. They both use:

~ Tim's Tattered Florals die - each flower is sprayed with the Red Velvet Glimmer Mist again too.

~ Sullivans' Holly punches - I used String of Pearls Bazzill Bling cardstock to punch them.

~ Marvy's crimper - ran the Holly leaves through.

~ Red buttons from Spotlight.

~ Martha's Doily Lace Deep Edger (paper ribbon) punch - on the bottom card I cut two strips using the same paper as the base and glued them on the top and bottom of the card. Created a bit of texture without too much contrast.

The top card has Tim's Bracket die again, but this time I made a layer for the card. I really like this shape, it's so nice.

And that embossing folder is from the Sizzix Birds, Flowers and Branches set. I used it upside down because it worked better for what I wanted that way.

Last thing - the paper I used on the bottom card is one I got from the Christmas section at Photo Continental. I'm not sure who made it, sorry about that.

Okay, bye for now :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!