07 December 2009

Monday's Trees

Hello bloggers!

How are you this fine Monday? My washing dried in record time - phew, hot!

On Friday I mentioned that the tree theme would wrap-around and continue this week, so here's a couple more tree cards for you today.

This card is featured in my 2009 Christmas Class. I'm teaching it for the last time this year at Photo Continental this Saturday.

It's using the Cuttlebug Treetops Cut and Emboss Combo (long name, hey?). I snipped the trunk off and used a Carl Hagoita shape (it looks like a shovel) in brown instead.

The Joy and Cheer embossing folder is in the background - can't find a pic of that on the site to link to. It's either not on there, or I skipped it three times.

There's ruffled hymnal paper as a base too. That's fun to do. Just cut the paper using scallop scissors, put tape on the paper (or the card itself) and then pleat it as you stick it down. I did two layers and then added buttons and glitter to finish.

Here's a simpler version.

I made 150 of these recently. No, I don't have that many friends - they were for an order that I do every year :o)

I didn't have the time to do 600 passes of the Cuttlebug to get enough trees (I would've used the same tree and swirl design - that's 600, phew), so I used a triangle punch from Marvy (country triangle) and embossed them with different embossing folders.


Other changes:
Only one holly leaf.
Only one button.
Different trunk - it's a small rectangle.
Used the Scor-Pal to make all the folds. Wow, that was great with a capital G.
Must go and walk the dog!
:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!