27 August 2009

Hello, Early Bird!

I'm excited to share some Early Bird cards with you today. The people at Cosmo Cricket really nailed this line.

The paper and chipboard stickers were so fun to use. I'm happy to say too that I've still got some left for some more cards in the future. Nice.

I made this first. It's one of the borders with the toaster chipboard sticker on it. Went straight on my fridge. I'm not a morning person!

This one is my very favourite. Love that toaster with the toast. Very cute! Used the Fiskars Apron Lace punch for the striped border.

The photos don't really show the sizes of the cards very well. This one is an A4 folded, so it's an A5 front. Nice and big. And fun.

Love how the Cosmo people have added the vintage element to everything lately. I love artwork from the 40s/50s/60s era.



And some simple ones to finish. Cherries are everywhere right now. And the scallops are still going strong.

A bit of hand-drawn stitching, a bit of double matting (haven't done that in a while) and a bit of paper piercing. I like easy techniques that help finish a card.

And just a note on that. If a card needs finishing, and I can't figure out what it needs, it's done. Simple.

I've decided it's not worth agonising over those cards that just aren't working. Yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!