15 July 2009

Bits and pieces


Hi, remember this card? The one with the trim using the Fiskars scallop scissors? I've been wanting to show you the trim we were cutting originally to compare it with the ric rac looking one. Below is a photo of both of them (from my sample book). The red trim is the original where the scallops of the scissors get lined up to make a row of what looks like little balls I guess. And the orange trim is the ric rac one where the scallops get cut into so to speak. Hard to explain, but hopefully the picture helps!



Also wanted to show you some pages of my sample book so you have more of an idea of what's in it. Basically it's just bits and pieces stuck in there. It's not really meant to be organised or anything - I just put the sample where it fits in the book.



This is the inside front cover. Punching on the fold of your card (if your punch can handle it) makes a tab. They're the ones at the top glued over the page.



Here's the circle flowers that I like a lot and use a lot. I'm a big non-reinventer of the wheel. Use again and again, I say. Good use for ribbon scraps too. Should do that.



Stitching and paper piercing holes. You can use any shaped template, punch or die to prick holes around for a nice look. Leave just the holes, stitch through with thread or draw stitches with a matching pen. Lots of possibilities there. And a swing card. The white bit swings to the side to reveal a message underneath. Cute. And the green tab out the side is an actual tab punch. I like how it sticks out the side there. Could do that on a card too.



Thought I'd share this card using my favourite shape...circles. Actually it's not a card, it's just a design, but it could be a card. It would be a big one because the background is 6 x 12" so the bears are pretty big too. I used a circle cutter for the faces and my bigger punches for the other bits including the mouth. To make that I punched a smaller circle first then a bigger one around the negative of that circle to make a ring. I then cut a section of the ring to use as the mouth. There's Dimensional Magic on the noses and the heart to finish them off (makes them shiny).

Hope your week is going well. Loved seeing the sun out today, so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!