18 October 2011

A Scrap Quiz - Are there any things in scrapbooking/crafting that you don't like?

Umm, yep.

Yep, there are.

Quite a few actually.

So ok, I know that everyone has their thing, but I just don't get some things.

I totally get that they get it, and love it, but I don't get it, and certainly don't love it.

And let me stress, if anyone else did this list and wrote punch art on it, I'd totally get that too.

So, you asked - here's what I don't like.

1. Distressing  

I just don't like it. I don't like it at all. I don't like all the Distress Inks and Stains and putting them on those foam pads and wiping them over everything. It's just too messy and inky and...messy.


2. Painting with Stencils

For the same reasons as above.

Because they're messy and give less-than-perfect results. I just like clean.


3. Trims

Everyone is really into trims at the moment. And they're called trims by the way now. They used to be ribbons, but they're not just ribbons anymore, they're trims because they include pom poms and lace and stuff like that.

I use some ribbons, but I'm just not that into them in general.


4. Kraft paper and cardstock


Kraft paper is everywhere...like, all over the place. Everyone seems to be obsessed with it.

I like some of the layouts I see with kraft backgrounds and sometimes I think I'd like to give them a try.

I also know if I did though my photos and bits would fly off and say, "Are you kidding me? We don't do kraft."

I'm serious.

They would.

They know it's just not me.

Or maybe they know it's just not me right now.

These things have a habit of changing sometimes.

I reckon I could use kraft occasionally, but not all the time like some people like to.

(Now cream is my colour. Cream and I are friends...we have been for years and we'll never be parted from each other. I know some people think that way about kraft)


5. Decorative Brads

Now, I like these, but I just have no real use for them.

I wish I did sometimes, but I just don't, so I pass them by.


6. Embellishments in general

I really don't like embellishments.

Actually, sometimes I hate them.

I think it's because they're very specific, cost a lot and once they're gone, they're gone. And I never like everything in the package either.

Yep, that pretty much sums them up for me, ie. not on my radar.


7. Dark and Grungy

Oh, please.

Do I need to explain?

There's just a severe lack of colour...

Too much brown!

Too much black!

My psyche can't handle it!

Nuff said!


8. Painting things

I do not like painting things in real life let alone in my crafting.

All the waiting-for-it-to-dry, the paper-warping, the dripping, the mess, the having-to-get-up-and-go-wash-my-hands....no!

I'd rather do dishes...

I will paint glitter on though, I'll do that. It's glitter afterall.


9. Plain Chipboard Shapes

I do not like plain chipboard shapes - they annoy me.

I don't want to paint them.

I don't want to stain them with inks either.

And I definitely don't want to cover them with paper and trim the edges and then sand the edges and get dust all over my work surface and floor and then have to go wash my hands....oh please, don't make me do it. I've done it before, I'm not doing it again.

Please, just give them to me with the paper already on them.

If plain chipboard shapes inadvertently happen to come through this crafting kitchen, they get thrown in the bin.

Yes, the old bin-o.

Or the giveaway box.

One or the other, it doesn't matter, as long as they're out of my space. Be gone with you.

So, what else don't I like?

I think that's it.

Good, you say.

Good, I say, too.

I love so much other stuff I kinda like having things I really dislike. It's good for the hip pocket.

Seriously, I feel for those ladies who love everything....too much shopping, too much money spent. It's a problem out there, people.

Now, has the new October Afternoon Holiday Style come out yet? ha ha

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!