04 March 2011

Jack's layout/frame thing

I don't know what these things are called! 

Anyway, remember Josiah's page using My Mind's Eye's Alphabet Soup collection?



Well, I tried to use the same papers for Jack's photo, but they just kept getting spat back at me.

Remember I wasn't prepared for doing Jack's frame, so I didn't buy anything specific for it. I thought there'd be enough papers in the Alpha Soup pack.

Sorted.

(Not)

Tried a few things. Looked good with Joey's photo. Looked 'not right' with Jack's.

Tried another paper.

Joey = good.

Jack = no.

Tried another = same, same.

Hmmm, not working.

What to do? What to do?

I was stumped for a bit there. I was doing them at the same time at the kitchen bench - I do that often; work on two things at once. Do you?

Knowing there's always a solution to these things, I mentally sorted through my stash. What I did have in the house was October Afternoon's new Campfire line. It's boyish, I thought, I'll give it a go.

Bingo.

No spitting.

Love, love.



And a close up of the bits.

My scrapbooking has changed a lot over the last few years and I don't have a lot of embellishments and 3D type stuff anymore. Buttons, yes. Other bits, no. Had this heart brad (another hoarded item), so I was happy to use that. I wanted each to have a 3D type something.

The 02 is for 2002 - he is eight years older than his brother. Casey's in the middle and is turning three soon.

Pete and Shaz loved the frames - she was thinking of putting each one in each boy's room. I suggested she could possibly put them together somewhere in a vertical row for impact and comparison. Everyone loves to compare them as newborns. Will have to ask her where they have landed up. I'm still waiting to get Jack's frame, so his won't be up.

As it turns out, I've just made Jack's and Casey's birthday cards, so I'll share them soon too.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!