16 February 2011

Smash Journals

Interesting name, great concept.

Someone (I can't remember who) is coming out with Smash journals. They're notebooky type journals with pictures on some of the pages that you just smash your bits and pieces into. I've linked you to the video - that'll explain it.

What do you think?

I love the idea.

It's kinda reminiscent of my 2010 Dec Daily where I used a blank visual diary and put all sorts of bits and pieces in it each day.

I left spaces for photos. I used up scraps. I recorded bits and pieces that I never would've recorded. I stuck bits of junk mail in. I used my punches. I wrote with a ball point pen (I don't like archival pens that get wedges on the tips). I loved it.

Biggest thing? I missed it when I was done.

Hmm, the Smash Journal - might look into them when they're available to buy. They've got six styles, so there's options.

Why wouldn't I just use another visual diary?

The blank pages! They're all white and intimidating because they're so blank. The Smash journal has coloured pages with pictures on them. Would definitely help with the blankness.

Full props for the glue/pen combo too - did you see that? Pen on one end, glue on the other. Fun.

Here is the perfect piece of memorabilia to put in the journal. I found it in my grandmother's party list/Christmas food list/Christmas card list/Christmas present list/shopping list/take on holidays list/what to pack for a picnic list book (she had a two books with tonnes of lists in them. The first started in 1969! Amazing. I got my list makingness from her).

Anyway, I found this little clipping in her book and photocopied it. It went in my Dec Daily, but if I had a smash journal, I'd put it in there.


Nobody knows for sure if it was Grandpa, but I'm certain it was. And if it wasn't, why was it kept?

He was a gentleman, my grandfather, very much so.

So, perfect piece of history for a smash journal. Great concept - love it, good for them.

Here's a link to the Smash Stories blog.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Smash Journals, now that's an interesting name and concept though not necessarily new. Love the news clip, definitely him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of those 'why hasn't anyone thought of this before' type ideas. And a Christmas one would be great!
    Yep, definitely him.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!