31 August 2010

Really, it's not earth shattering...

...but it's pretty.

The story goes...I made a scrapbook page using all those papers, actually I made a few pages...and I had a lot of scraps left over as you do.

I decided to make a card out of the scraps to use them up and to just make a card. You know how people suggest these good ideas, but you rarely do them? Well, I rarely do them! Anyway, I decided to try this one.

It was good actually. I loved the papers and enjoyed making the card. There was no pressure to be fab or anything because I was just making a card to use up the scraps.


Turned out to be quite pretty actually. The brads are actually from My Mind's Eye's 2009 Colourful Christmas collection - they went perfectly with my papers. I think they're...actually, I don't know who they are. Pink Paislee? Not sure. The lined paper is an old one...I've had it for years. Coloured ledger.

I'd done the whole thing except the ribbon, that was last.

I had paper, brads (ie. metal and shine) and I needed some softness and some leaves. Cue ribbon and sorted. They're just bits folded in half to make loops and then stuck under the petals.


The card turned out nice in the end and I knew my class ladies would love it, so it ended up going in a class.

Don't you love it? No pressure to make a card and I get a good one. Sit down to make something fabulous for a class and come up with nothing!


Here's the class card. I re-designed it a bit to suit the papers/punches I had available for the class and it worked out better, I think.

Which do you like?

The differences are some of the papers, particularly the flower ones, the Fiskars Apron Lace punch got switched to the Open Scallop from EK and the red buttons.

The red buttons really do it for me and give the card some punch.

The first card could be punched up a notch with some red buttons too. Hey, you do what you do at the time!


Hmm, red buttons. We shall never be parted because we are friends.

And punches, we shall never be parted either because we are friends too.



And to finish off today I thought I'd show you my flower garden again. Remember it doesn't look like this now. These photos were taken in Dec 2008 (summer) about two weeks apart.

I remember enjoying watching them grow - so amazing. And I got to enjoy them from my house each day too - they were at the bottom of the garden (I sound English - been watching too much Escape to the Country). To be Aussie - they were down the backyard, mate.

Okay, that's all for today. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!