I like this kinda stuff. You know, seeing what's out there, talking about it, checking it out, buying it, not buying it, comparing what's changing and what's not.
Here are Nancy Nally's Top 10 picks from the show - Summer 2010.
1. Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology by House of Three - papers with resist ink.
2. Jillibean Soup Alphabets and their Pasta Fagioli collection.
3. Basic Grey's Curio Collection.
4. Tim Holtz Vagabond by Sizzix. His new die cut machine that looks like a suitcase. And it's electric. And it has a bigger motor than their other electric machine. Typical man :o)
5. Teresa Collins Stampmaker. I saw a video demo of this from the Jan 2010 show. They're an English company and their stand was really little. Not much interest. Teresa put her name on it this time and wham. Celeb power.
6. Core-dinations - Stacy Julian's Happy Colours collection.
7. WeRMemory Keepers Sew Easy tool. You buy a handle and then get detatchable heads. Good idea.
7a. You don't get detatchable heads, your tool does :o)
8. Crate Paper Restoration collection. Vintage. My kinda vintage.
9. My Mind's Eye Lost and Found collection. It's huge!
10. Echo Park Paper. A new company. Big splash.
You can read Nancy's complete article on the above picks here. She has pictures too.
And just out of interest, here are Nancy's Top 10 picks from CHA Winter - Jan 2010. You know, six months ago. I like comparing how things have changed. Or not.
1. Basic Grey - Kioshi, Green at Heart, Max & Whiskers, Capella and the Basics line.
2. EK Success Slimline Punches. 78 new ones. We've seen a lot of them come through PC.
3. Melody Ross for GCD Studios. Her vintage line. Nice.
4. StazOn Metallic ink.
5. The Girls Paperie. Margie used to work for Making Memories, but now has her own lines. Gorgeous.
6. Tim Holtz for Sizzix. His new Alterations dies. Have you got any?
7. Cricut Cake machine.
8. Copic markers. And hey, they're still buzzing like crazy. I do not own one Copic. Do you? I'm not really into colouring stamped images although I reckon I'd like the whole non-annoyingness of the paper not pilling and being able to blend the colours if I did colour.
9. Lily Bee Design.
10. Eco Green Crafts.
You can read Nancy's article here - and see pics.
I like Nancy and her news and her Disney fanaticism. Is fanaticism a word? Anyway, she loves all things Disney. She and her husband got married there. They live in Florida and go to Disney a lot.
I haven't listened yet, but Nancy, Christine Urias, Noelle and Izzy taped a CHA Roundtable podcast last week. Here's the link (30 July).
Okay, that's it for today.
Tomorrow I will post a photo of something...anything!