25 June 2010

Inspiration Station

In the light of it being all Vintagey around here...

...I thought I'd remind you of this card first...

...because it inspired this one.

It's amazing how one thing leads to another, hey?

The paper I used above is from Sassafras Lass. I'm not sure of the collection name. It's an oldish kind of one. I just loved the whole vintage vibe of it.

I was a 12 x 12 sheet and I cut the portion I wanted, matted it on cream and put that on pink. I added pink buttons (I sewed them this time, more vintagey looking) and added the glitter on the flowers. That's it. The rest you see is the patterned paper. Love that, it did most of the work for me.

If you'd like to see what the paper looked like before I cut into it, click here. When you get to the page, click on the top piece of paper in the list called Vintage Yummy - Memory Lane and you'll get an enlarged pic of it.

Was nice to see the whole sheet again actually. I recognise other bits and pieces that I've used on other cards. Forgot where they all came from!

Very interesting all the paper designs out there. What the designers do is really amazing.

I'm teaching my Vintage class tomorrow at PC, so I might see you there.

Have a great weekend!

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!