17 May 2010

Mum's tag...

This post will tell you why I like the Martha Stewart Embroidered Floral border punch...just so you know.

And just because I told you I'd tell ya.

And just because I don't like forgetting things like that.

Firstly though, this is the tag I gave to my mum for Mother's Day.

I give her a tag three times a year - birthday, Mother's Day and Christmas. She collects them on a ring, just for fun. I always use favourite products on them and we always chat about them on at the hand over.

This year she remarked about everything on the tag (of course she would, she's my mother and she's crafty, she has to!) and was impressed to find out that she could cut chipboard with her big Sizzix dies. The eyebrows went up and I could see her mind spinning...funny.

I just created a label on the right - Mother's Day cards 2009 - that'll take you to the card and tag I made for her last year if you'd like to see.

Things I used on this year's tag:

~ Stampin Up! Top Note die.

~ Tulle from Spotlight.

~ Martha's bakers twine. I know, she rocks.

~ Tim Holtz's Vintage Market alpha letters. You get all numbers and letters on the one die, it's great value. Got it at PC.

~ October Afternoon Thrift Shop paper.

~ An October Afternoon wild card. I'm not sure of the collection it was from. Maybe their school one? I cut around the edges with mini deco scallop scissors.

~ A little heart punch. Mine came from a border punch that was near me on my desk.


~ Crepe paper in cream. Stuck behind with tape and pleated. Thank you, Johanna. I've done this with paper before, and ribbon, but not crepe paper.

(Check out vblog 96 for a fun Mother's Day card. I had the same Oct Arvo wild card as her, although I didn't discover it until much later...vblog 92 shows the crepe paper idea. The link takes you to Leah Fung's blog)

~ Martha's Embroidered Floral punch - see why it's a good one? You can hide the top bit and have a tiny scallop border...so lovely. I only discovered this because the tag needed a bit of red at the bottom and the 7 other borders I tried first didn't work.

Okay, that's it for the Mother's Day offerings this year. Actually, not true. I put some on the table at PC, but forgot to photograph them before I took them over. Will do that when they come back home...

Okay, bye now.

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!