26 February 2010

Punch Art Fun 1 - Look in the Book - pages 9 and 10

Hi there!

While we're on a roll, I thought we'd do another Look in the Book today.

I'm on pages 9 and 10 - they're both flowery, so I thought I'd talk about them together.

Very simple card, hey?

Who said punch art (or any art) needs to be complicated? Not me!

And look, there's no comma in the middle of the yellow circle, which means this card was made quite a long time ago. If you look at some of the flowers on page 9, you'll see what I mean by the comma. It's a comma, otherwise known as a reflection mark. A bit of pen detail goes a long way and really finishes off the flower.

I'd like to grab my virtual pen and put a comma in that middle above. If only I could...well, I could if I used Photoshop, but I don't. No comma for me.

No reflection mark? What's with all the non-ness of the reflection marks?

Once again, virtualness would come in here and I'd add that mark on there.

But still, a simple card, yes?

And little. It's just a gift tag about 7 cm square.

I had a lot of fun making all those layered flowers in the books. If you're looking at page 9, you'll see all the flowers. If you're not, you'll have to take my word for it :o)

Basically, I have a lot of different layered flowers on there. They're all flower punch pieces that have been layered on top of each other to create different looks. The finished flowers are arranged in a grid pattern on the page, so they're easy to look at. I also listed the punches in order from the base up, so you can make the same ones too if you like.

It's pretty fun to go to town with the punching by pulling out all your flower punches and punching them in a variety of colours. Then - the fun part - sitting down and layering them to make lots of different, funky flowers. We're not talking real flowers here, we're talking 'artistic liberties' flowers, okay?

Try it, it's lots of fun! Even my dad thinks so.

This card's from page 10. Actually the card isn't, but the concept of the daisy circles is.

There are three daisy circles on the page, a red, green and blue. On the card above, I extended the line and added two more. It's a simple look and you could stamp the greeting instead if you wanted to.

This guy's from page 10 too.

In the book he's dangling flowers, but obviously above, it's hearts. Still cute. Would've been good for Valentine's Day just gone. Oh, and look, the hearts have commas/reflection marks. See how they finish them off?

I included lots of flower pages in the book because most of us like flowers, right? And there are so many different types.

Guess which flower is the most popular?

Yep, that daisy (in the medium size). I think it's because it's a nice shape, but also because most people have a regular hole punch at home that could be used for the middle. Job done. A winner, for sure.

And the kids on the scrapbook page on page 10? That's Luke, my nephew, and Sarah, my niece. I won't tell you how old they are now because that would make me feel old. They've grown, let's leave it at that, shall we?

And just in case you're wondering why my dad thinks making layered flowers is fun, here's the little story I put in that little column on page 10.

"Dad was watching me create flowers. I asked him if he wanted to make some, but he declined. Guess who was busy making flowers later? Here's a few he made!" and the few are shown below.

To add more to the story - Dad's a pretty detailed person and he was watching me make the flowers like he was interested, but not interested, you know? I left the room to do something and came back and here he was putting them together. I chuckled and we made flowers together. I didn't tell him I was going to put his in my book, so when he saw them in there he got a bit of a surprise. Actually, no one in the family saw any of it until it was all done. I put little things through it as little surprises for them. That was fun.

Mum also had a pretty tricky idea too, but you'll have to read the book to find out what it was! Just a note, it was pretty tricky then, actually it's still pretty tricky now. Good on you, Mum.

(I can see her going to get her copy of the book to check out what her pretty tricky idea was! ha ha)

Well, that's it for pages 9 and 10. Must sit down and make me some layered flowers! What about you?

Have a great day,

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!