18 April 2011

Easter Projects - An easel card

























Hi there,

Did you have a good weekend?

I've got something a little different to show you today. It's an easel card.

Have you ever made one before? This is my first. I don't know where I saw it, but I ended up googling "how to make an easel card" on You Tube and a video came up (don't you love You Tube?).

Here's the video I watched. (Her card is 4 1/4 square - I just used a regular-sized A5 card base and folded it as usual)

Easy, hey?

They're a bit of fun, good for display and still fold flat for mailing. Triple win.


Oh yes, before I forget, here's a pic of the Loopy punch from Martha. 

See the blue pic on the top of the box? All the loops look a little much up there, but toned down a bit, they're great. 

Sometimes you don't have to go all out with these punches and do them all over the page to get a good look. 

Totally goes with my paring down theme of late...


Here's my attempt at closing the card for mailing.

It was so used to sitting up that it wouldn't stay flat. You get the idea though.

I reckon you'd have to send instructions for your recipient, so they'd know how to display it, yes? Just because we know it's an easel card doesn't mean they do.



Used the fab scallop oval die for the frame again.

Lovin' it, lovin' it.



And here's the easel part.

You know, I watched the video and made the card, but as I sit here and type I don't know if I could go and make one again without racking my brain as to what to do. I'm going to watch the video again just to cement it in there, I think.

Okay, enjoy the card and your day :o) Bye now!

3 comments:

  1. Oooo...an easle card. I like it!!. Thanks for the video link. Will definately try that one. Lots of possibilities there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jammie,

    Glad you liked it - have fun!

    Debra :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra is the grass from the corner loopy punch?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!