23 February 2011

We didn't even have a dog at the time...

...and yet I made this mini album.

It was 2007 and I got one of those emails that everyone sends around the internet. It was called, "How to love and live like a dog."

I liked it and ended up doing a mini album about it.

Hey, the thing I've realised about art is that you don't have to explain it all the time, you just have to do it and you'll be better for it. Plus, I liked the Making Memories metal embellishments and wanted to use them. I knew Andrew would get a dog one day too, I remember thinking that at the time. Not that that has anything to do with the album really.

Okay, here it is.

It's little - about 10 x 20cm. It's one of those Maya Road chipboard albums. I like them, but the covering part can be a bit tedious. Or therapeutic, depending on how you look at it.

All the edges are sanded - that's the theraputic part. Except having to get up and wash my hands and wash the desk. That's most definitely not therapeutic.


Who cares why I made the album, it's cute. I've always liked it...




Still love those metal embellishments. So gorgeous. I love the bone. Love the hydrant too, not that we have those over here. We have bones though!

Remember those PSX alphabet stamps that everybody had? I got permission from them to use them in my third book. Just wanted to make sure it was okay and they said it was. I hammered those stamps over the years. Should pull them out again sometime.


I can't remember what paper I used - it was a pet line because it had the animal sayings and bits.


And that's a picture I cut out of a magazine because of course, we didn't own a dog. Think he looks like somebody?


Like him?

I've always liked Goldens, but I like Cody better. He's goldie/sandy, my favourite. And he has sticky up hair that needs brushing. And (right now) he needs a bath. He stinks cause he rolled in poo. So gross.

Okay, gotta go for today, will share the rest tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!