07 December 2010

Square doilies and corrugator

Hi there, how are you?

Are you getting any crafting done? Or Christmas shopping done? Not long to go now...

Just wanted to share a couple of things today.

I'm not much for the punch around the whole page thing with the Martha combo sets, but I love these ones. I had some circular doilies that I was using and wondered if I could make a square one of a similar size. Out came the combos and I was good to go.

And they (the new square doilies) were good to go when they had Marshmellow Glimmer Mist sprayed on them. Oh yeah.



And here it is. Eyelet Lace combo - isn't it pretty? The instructions that come with the punches tell you what size you have to cut your card. Mine was 3.5" x 3.5" square.

The Marshmellow mist is on there, can you see it?

Another thing I wanted to mention - the flowers were run through my Marvy corrugator (paper crimper). I had the card and the doily and the flower, but the flower needed something. I looked around and noticed the crimper and thought, "Why not?" Worked!

And baker's twine. Need I mention the fabness?



Here's the same flower around a little box I made using the Sizzix XL Die: Box #2. Makes a cute box that would be good on a big tree. Might do that if I remember.

The paper ribbon around the punch was made using Martha's Infinite Loops deep edger. Went with the red and white theme and kept it plain.

I showed it to Andrew and he said, "How are you supposed to get into the box?" I said, "You slide the paper ribbon off" and tried to do it at the same time, but it didn't budge. I'd glued it on accidently! Don't do that if you make one, will you?

Okay, that's all for today - see you soon!

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!