11 December 2010

Punch Art Fun 1 - Look in the Book - page 32

Wow, it's been awhile since I've done one of these. I don't usually post on a Saturday, but I thought I'd shake things up a bit and squish 'em in here because I'd like to get to the Christmas pages in Punch Art Fun 1 around Christmas and not next year!

So, what's on page 32? Clowns. I do love 'em. So bright and colourful.

Basically, circles and triangles and a flower or two, and a cloud, and you've got some clowns.


You know, over the years (and I think I've said this before), I find myself doing things differently. One thing I've changed a lot recently is my cardstock colours. I tend to be going brighter. Those juggling balls are dark, yes?

It's because they're blue and green, dark blue and green, and also they have Dimensional Magic on them, which makes them darker too.

The guy above is called Floyd Junior - it says so in the book. I found it necessary to name the clowns I made and actually thought long and hard about what I'd call them. We used to have a cat named Woody, so Woodley possibly came from him. I do remember thinking of lots of names and writing a list of them. I made the clowns and then chose the most suitable name for each. I liked that.

The possibilities for clown are pretty good. Above I used a cloud and in the book I used flowers, a leaf and a scallop oval. Love punches - they're so versatile. 


Here's another Floyd Junior - more of an exact replica of the one in the book.

He's looking a bit funny up there...a bit peaked, a bit scary, a bit skinny? I don't know, a bit something...

The collar is a flower cut in half. Once again, flowers and leaves = clowns.


And here's a biggie that some kids and I made in a class once. When teaching kids, I make the things bigger for their little hands. Bigger clowns, bigger chooks, bigger flowers - makes 'em easier to handle.

This one has no juggling balls, but it's got Stickles in the background, and of course the kids loved that.

The clown page in the book has always been a favourite of mine. Next we're moving onto fruit! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!