02 June 2010

Punch Art Fun 1 - Look in the Book - page 24

Hey there,

Writing off to the right today.

And today's Look in the Book page, page 24, is on the right too.

It's all about teddy bears.

Little ones for this card. It's the same as the larger card I showed you last time, but it's using small balloons and a small teddy. Fiddly, but cute, of course.

I seem to say "fiddly, but cute" often. Look at that tiny face, no wonder!

Note the gold fabric paint in the corners too. Hmm, don't remember doing that much. This was probably the only time!

Oh, and there are three dots of paint on each balloon, interesting. Which do you prefer? Line and a dot, or three dots?

A lot of these cards I'm showing you for Look in the Book aren't current, but you know that, don't you? Why show stuff that's not current? Because they're from the book, because they show how to use the ideas in the book and they also show the artistic process - and that's just a fancy way of saying they show how you get better at stuff.

When I was learning how to do punch art, I experimented with different things as we all do when we learn something new. Three dots, a line and a dot - stuff like that. I tried things and if I liked them, I did them again. If I didn't, I didn't.

I've also noticed too, that I didn't necessarily flick some ideas, I just moved on from them without knowing. It's interesting to go back and see some of my older things to see how I've moved on.

You know how you find something in your closet that you loved wearing and suddenly realise you don't wear it anymore? It's like that. It just happens.

Here's another simple idea - another one that I didn't do very often, but that doesn't mean I don't like it.

I'm talking about the tag in the corner there.

Nice idea, I should do that again soon. It's not out-dated, just under-utilised.

The corners are squares cut in half - easy to do too. Sometimes you need something in the corner and triangles are a good option, for sure. Kinda gives it a woodsy feel?

This is a little card - about half the size of a normal one. Little cards are good, do you make them much? Sometimes a big card is just too big, hey?

I love all the teddy pages in the book - they're really bright and colourful. And I love the Energetic bee in the corner, so fun. The bear with the honey pot looks fun to make, want to do that again. Talking about things on page 24 here, see them?

Just wanted to say too - I don't do a lot of teddies with fabric paint anymore, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't. I don't flick good ideas because they're no longer trendy, so to speak. If I like it, I'll do it. And I like the fabric paint and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I really can't stand it when people don't attempt things because they think they're out of fashion, or not the trend (same thing!), overdone or just wrong for some reason. This is craft, it's meant to be enjoyed, not reasoned constantly.

If you like fabric paint, use it.

If you don't, don't.

It's your fun time, it's your craft, they're your cards. You make the decisions. Simple! And that goes for scrapbooking too.

For me, pressure is not allowed in craft. I've had to work hard at finding the answers for myself about all these things because I've felt the pressure at times. It's been a journey, for sure. Sounds dumb, but when something like craft is important to you, you keep going until you find the answers, yes?

Yes!

Okay, back to page 24.

Have you ever thought of framing punch art before? The little pics with the bears surrounded by flowers look cute in little frames. Maybe if your child needs to take a gift to a friend's birthday party you (or your child) could make a punch art picture and put it in a frame? You could do a card too, or the frame could be the gift and the card in one. Hmmm, worth considering.

A lady once showed me some framed punch art that she did for her son's room - they were underwater scenes from Book 2. Very fun and her son loved them.

If you do go with the framed punch art idea for a birthday party gift, the clown is always a winner. Or in turn, you could get all the kids at your child's birthday party to make their own framed punch art clown as an activity. Kids love punch art and they're really creative, so they're good to case ideas from!

If you yourself are going to a young child's birthday party, or a baby shower, or similar, framed punch art as a little gift can be a good option. It's cheap, cute and fun, so yay for you, I say.

Anyway, enjoy your day and your punch art, and keep that pressure out!

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!