18 June 2010

Inspiration Station - Flower plate

A couple of weeks ago I talked about using things around my house as inspiration for cards.

Those things namely consist of plates and jugs at the moment.

Here's another plate I love.


And here's the card I made from it.

The design of the plate really has nothing to do with the design of the card, but that's not the point. The point is that the card wouldn't exist without the plate, that's what inspiration is all about (I was inspired by the roses though, so that's something straight off the plate).

I went with a pink base to go with the pink flowers. It's Diva Bling from Bazzill. There's a thin white matt and then some Making Memories ledger paper in there too. The flowers are from one of my all time favourite papers from Basic Grey. I think it's called Marzipan from the Lollipop Shoppe collection. I've used this paper more than any other, that's why it's my favourite. And I still have sheets of it here at home and I'll use them too. I did the other day actually.

I buy some papers and hate them when I get them home (do you do that, or is it just me?). Okay, maybe not hate them, but I don't use them quick enough and my style changes (or my needs do) and I find I don't like that one, I don't like that one, oh, that one's ugly, I don't want that one...you know how it is. Or do you? Maybe you're more sorted than I am!

Marzipan is one of those papers that I loved five years ago (I'm guessing here) when I bought it and I love it just as much now. Phew.

There's glitter on the white parts of the flower too. Adds a nice touch. And the pearls were the last thing I added because it needed something. I don't do pearls often, but I'm glad I had them for this card.

A pretty card, all from a plate.

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!