13 October 2009

Punch Art Fun 1 - Look in the Book

Well, hello and welcome to the new series I'm calling, "Punch Art Fun 1 - Look in the Book!"

Yep, that's the title because it accurately depicts what we're doing here.

It's kind of a long title, hey? I'll probably shorten it to "LB".

Ah, love abbreviations. It's our culture, mate. Can't be wasting too many words on things we don't need to.

So, back to LB.

Simply, we're going to look through Punch Art Fun for everyone page by page. We'll chat about the cards, scrapbooking pages, the little bees in the corner and any other bits and pieces that come up.

A bit of a behind-the-scenes look? Yes

A bit of fun? Yes

An opportunity to look a bit closer and enjoy the punch art as we go along? Yes

An opportunity to see a few new ideas that aren't in the book? Yes

An opportunity for you to ask questions in the comments as we go along? Yes

In preparation for all this I've been finding cards from each of the pages, and photographing them, so they're ready for their day in the spotlight. Some cards are exactly as they are in the book and some are different.

Some pages will have one card featured, while some will have more. Depends on what's on the pages, and what I have here at home already. I'm really just making this up as I go.

I'm going to do "Look in the Book" entries a couple of times a week, and on the other days it'll be back to our regular, random (but always crafty) programming.

Well, that's the plan anyway.

One thing I've learnt in life, and in craft, you can start with a plan, but you don't always end up where you thought you would!

So, are you ready?

Okay, good, we start tomorrow with the cover!

Sorry about that...

This first introductory entry was supposed to be about the cover, but I had to explain myself first!

I might be an Aussie, but I've sure got a lot of words! In my defense, Australians don't necessarily talk less, they just abbreviate all the words they say! Ha ha.

See ya tomorrow arvo!

PS. It'd be a good idea if you have your copy of Punch Art Fun near you when you're reading each entry. I'm going to have mine open when I type, and I'll be referring to things that won't have photos in the posts.

PPS. What? You don't have a copy? Why not? You're missing out I tell ya, but I'm biased, of course. I can sell you one, or you can buy it (them) at Photo Continental.

PPS. Enjoy the rest of your day!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to Punch Art Fun 1 - LB series. It will be great to get all the little tips & things that are sometimes missed when looking throught the books on your own. An authors perspective if you will......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jammie,
    Oh, good, glad you're looking forward to it. Of course I'll just chat about the things that I see on the page, and whatnot. Remember to post a question if I skip something you want to know! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!