08 October 2009

The 27 dollar solution

Hello, how have you been this cool and windy Thursday?

Remember this photo?

Let me draw your attention to the orange mat.

Remember how much I didn't like the orange mat?

Oh, I really didn't like the orange mat!

It slid around.

It was orange.

It was very orange.

It was too small.

I kept rolling off it.

I had to lift my chair to get back on it.

It just wasn't working!

:o(

Well, troubles no more, because we've got a solution!

:o)

Here it is. It's a 27 dollar piece of MDF from Bunnings with an off-cut of our carpet stapled on it.

Took a bit of brainstorming (and wandering the aisles) but we figured it out. And guess what? No sanding or painting!

Thank you, Bunnings.

Thank you, Andrew.

Thank you, one and all!

Edited to add: Yep, I'm rolling around on carpet. Nope, it's not a problem. If it wasn't for the fact that I want to protect our carpet, I would've just rolled around on it as is. Solution works well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!