21 September 2009

My room

Welcome to a new week of what already feels like summer! Hope you had a lovely weekend doing something you enjoy.

Today I'm going to show you some photos of my room. I call it just that, my room. Not "my craft room", not "my studio", and definitely not "the office". Who wants to call a place of creativity "the office"? Not me!

So, this is it. This is my room.

It doesn't look like this now, mind you. It looked like this back then. And back then was probably around December last year. Without delving into the recesses of my digital photo files, I'm guessing it was about then because of the box under the table. That had Christmas craft in it, so it was about December.

And the other two photos are even older. I just looked in my files to show you some before shots.

Whoa, looks pretty full, hey? Like, too full.

It's actually our home office, so a lot happens in there. And a lot has to fit in!

You know what I've learned about this? Looking at photos of your room (any room) allows you to see the place in a different light.

I never see those wires under the desk when I walk in, for example.

And the space on the wall to the left of the window needs a picture, but I never see that when I walk in either.

That's a tip for all you interior decorators out there...photograph, and then you'll know what you need to fix up. Or fix up the most.

Or leave. You can just leave stuff too.

I've seen this photo before. I've seen that space on the wall before. I've left it.

I've had cards to make! I've had organising to do!

I do love to organise. Why? Stuff not organised the way it works for me = frustration = leaving table = no cards made = no fun had!

Like I mentioned in a previous post, the latest clean up started because I couldn't get to my patterned paper scraps easily enough. I had the scraps, but they weren't being used properly. Then it started. Right, let's reorganise the punches then too. And the cardstock. And the journalling cards... And well, everything. Let's just organise everything.

Reasons for doing this?
  1. I wanted to rearrange my patterned paper.
  2. I was running out of room to store my punches.
  3. I had to make stuff fit. I only have so much space (and furniture) in the room, and I'm about condensing, not adding more furniture. More stuff in, means more stuff has to go out.
  4. My crafting needs have changed, so my environment needed to change too.
  5. I like organising.
  6. I like systems.
  7. I needed a change in the room because it'd been the same way for 5 years.
Once again, a lot going on here. This is where I've always tried to keep the stuff I use the most. Punches are in that tall boy thing (as well as many other places around the room - a problem!).

And the desk. No wires because of the boxes. Those boxes (they hold all my classes) have long ago been put into the cupboard.

Once again, a lot of stuff here. Believe it or not, I don't like clutter. Clutter is easy to come by when you are a crafter though, isn't it? It's all about taming the clutter in the end.

I don't know who said this, but it's true.

Do I need it?

Do I use it?

Do I love it?

If yes, keep.

If not, chuck.

Easier said than done.

More room stuff tomorrow.

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!