19 February 2010

Cutie patootie...

It's Friday, freaky Friday? No, just Friday.

Have a bunch of cards to show you today - well, it's a bunch of the same one.

We have a new little nephew in the family and Mum and I broke out the craft stuff and made some thank you cards at my sister-in-law's request.

Mum arrived and three hours later we decided we should actually start doing something. You know what it's like when girlies get together - yakkity yakkity yak!

We made 30 cards in the end. Some were big (regular size) and some were small (10 x 10 fronts).

We couldn't decide on the card size and it was Mum who came up with the idea of the two sizes, so there was a choice. You know, a lengthy note, or a quick one. A good idea, I thought.

Ah, cute. Oh, so cute.

These were fun to make. Mum and I had a production line going - she embossed (Sizzix folder), I did the faces. She punched, I cut the card bases. Not in that order, but you get the picture.

We pumped them out in about 3 hours at the most and we pumped the music to get us going too!

Stamped inside as well.

This counts as my first official foray into stamping inside a card! Wow. A milestone.

Lucky I bought the blue ink the week before, hey? And I didn't even buy it for this. I just bought it because I needed a blue. It turned out to be just the right colour. Oh, nice one! Don't you love it when it all comes together?

And this is unfortunately not a good photo because I snapped it at my desk without much in the way of decent light - just wanted a record of the card I made for my brother and his family (and the new baby).

It's all October Afternoon - Ducks in a Row, Farm Fresh and probably some Report Card thrown in there too. I think that Happy label is from Cherry Hill! Anyway, you get my point about mixing and matching the lines, right?

Well, that's it for this week. See you next week!

:o)

PS. The duck card is A5. Big ones are good. This one was hand-delivered, so no postage to consider.

PPS. All the baby cards were chomped on all four corners with the Corner Chomper from We R Memory Keepers. That's the beauty of that tool, you can do all the corners, not just the individual ones. The rounded corners gave them the finishing touch. Mum and I both gave the nod to that one.

PPPS. I was going to round the two bottom corners of the duck card, but forgot. Rats.

PPPPS. The bill for the 30 cards was $1000, payable in dinners and family get-togethers over the next 50 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!