21 May 2013

30 Days - Day 21 - Ten Things Including Videos

Ten Things

1. The dog and I went for a walk. Chilly and cloudy, but we saw a bit of sun.

2. I worked on my photos for about 30 mins. I do 'easy' scrapbooking and it still amazes me how long it takes.

3. I made the chicken soup I've wanting to make for a week. Dinner is sorted for days now. Yes.

4. I love this verse

Peace I leave with you
My peace I give you. 
I do not give to you as the world gives. 
Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
John 14:27 (NIV)

5. I've got some new alphabet stickers from Jillibean Soup in front of me. Last year they came out with a small font (bottom of page) and this year they've used a bigger font (top). My favourites are the red and yellow. True red and true yellow. I got mine from Anna's Craft Cupboard in WA.

6. Andrew and I were watching Call the Midwife last night and the narrator said, "Faith cannot be questioned, it can only be lived."

7. I've been watching a few videos.

TED Talks - Sarah Kay

She's a spoken word poet - she's amazing. She does some spoken word poetry at the very beginning and then talks about how she got started in it, how she approaches it and how she teaches children/teenagers to express themselves through poetry.

I loved how she says she uses poetry to work through things she doesn't understand. She brings a backpack of all the things she knows and then dives into things she doesn't with poetry as her vehicle.

I totally get that. I write.

TED Talks - Brene Brown - Vulnerability

I've watched this so many times. It's where I'm at right now.

"Vulnerability is essential to wholehearted living."

"We're all worthy of love and belonging."

We all need to believe that for ourselves. I do, I always have. My parents and God taught me that.

TED Talks  - Brene Brown - Follow up to the above video.

"Vulnerability is the birth place of innovation, creativity and change."

Joyce Meyer - Pressing Past Painful Emotions Part 1

"I can feel totally wrong and still choose to do what's right."

"We may not be able to do something about how we feel, but we can do something about what we think,   what we say and how we act."

"You can make right choices while you're still hurting. It takes discipline."

I'll give myself a pass and a fail for that over the years. Got it right sometimes and not on other times.

"Three options -
1. Press past the pain now
2. Do it later and be miserable in the meantime
3. Keep the pain forever."

"I'm not going to stay in recovery all my life, I'm expecting something wonderful to happen in my life today."

Joyce Meyer - Pressing Past Painful Emotions Part 2

"It's not easy to walk away from something if you don't know what you're walking toward."

"God is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

"Waiting - Enjoy where you're at on the way to where you're going."

(This is all Joyce speaking)

"I want to know what price I'm going to have to pay. This all sounds good and you're like a great cheerleader up there tonight, but I want to know - how long's this going to take? What's it going to cost?

It's going to cost more than you thought you could pay, it's going to last longer than you think you can stand and it's going to hurt worse than you ever think you can endure.

BUT, in the end, it's going to be so worth it. And you're going to get a reward and you're going to be free! And you're going to bear good fruit. And you're going to be proud of yourself because you didn't give up. You pressed in and you pressed on.

Be willing to pay the price. Be willing to pay the price. Please.

There's a few times in the Bible where Paul says, "I beg of you." And that's coming up in my spirit tonight. I beg of you. I know what I'm talking about; I've done the journey.

Don't be like millions and millions of other people who live halfway between two places. You can't go back to where you came from, you've got too much of God to do that, but you won't pay the price to get enough of God so you can go ahead and live in victory.

We want everything to be easy, but God is not going to make everything easy for us. Actually, He does make hard things easy if we put our trust in Him."

Wowsers.

It's easy to say; "Sure, I'll pay the price" until you see what that price is for you. My price won't be your price. God knows what pushes our buttons and what buttons need to be pushed. It's really hard sometimes...but as Joyce says, "Worth it."

I am constantly amazed by what she has overcome in her life and as she says she didn't do it by wishing.

8. I need to go and get the eggs - from our chooks. Dolly's not laying. Dixie and Daisy are right on it. Thanks, girls.

9. Not looking forward to the rainy weather tomorrow.

10. We need milk. I've been drinking black tea. Weak black tea.

Hope you had a good day.

Bye now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!